Thursday, February 4, 2010

My finger is slowly healing. Everyone says I should have gotten it stitched, but I perfer the flexability without it.

Last time I wrote a considerable amount on this blog, I wrote about the rules I have my children live by. I also wrote my theory of raising children - Sea Turtles.

Raising children is not easy, but it can be a lot of fun. I remember one afternoon I took my kids to the pediatrician and afterwards we walked home. Its a pretty long walk and it was cold so we went down the side streets so not to get the wind from the fast cars on the main strip. We ran, walked, laughed and had such a good time. Its moments like this that they remember.

We are always their parents, never their friends. Just very friendly. They need you to be a parent because they have lots of friends.

3 comments:

  1. Stitches can really limit your movement sometimes. I think they can really be tough in spots like fingers, you bend then and they rip out anyway. I am glad to hear your finger is doing better.
    I like your theory on child raising -- so many people want to be their child's friend. I always tell my kids that I am their parent now, I will be their friend when they are grown and don't need me to be in charge. They hate it, but it's the way I feel. We have a great time together and can enjoy each other's company, but when push comes to shove, they better know who makes the rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your enjoyment with your children with us. That really brought back some beautiful memory's. My old brain tends to forget some of those moments. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might I suggest Tee Tree oil. It is wondrous for healing wounds, even when they are already sealed over. If you have a store called the "Body Shop" you will find it there. You can also buy it from them online. I forgot to tell you about that.
    : )

    ReplyDelete